WoW Classic Fishing Guide 1-300
So, you want to be a master angler do ya? Fishing is a game of patience, but with the right mindset it can be extremely relaxing and a great way to fill your downtime in Classic WoW. Oh, and it can be pretty damn lucrative too. From high end consumables to fun little things like Savory Deviate Delights, not to mention the booze and trade goods from wreckage, fishing can provide your character with all sorts of goodies. So let’s jump in, jump to exactly what you need to know with the table of contents, or read our full 1-300 fishing guide below.
Fishing Guide Table of Contents
- Alliance Fishing Trainer Locations
- Horde Fishing Trainer Locations
- Apprentice Fishing
- Journeyman Fishing
- Expert Fishing
- Artisan Fishing
- Fishing Gear and Items
- Most Valuable Fish
Classic WoW Fishing Trainer Locations
Alliance Fishing Trainer
Apprentice and Journeyman Trainers
Arnold Leland: Stormwind City
Grimnur Stonebrand: City of Ironforge
Harold Riggs: Wetlands
Matthew Hooper: Redridge Mountains
Horde Fishing Trainers
Apprentice and Journeyman Trainers
Armand Cromwell: In The Undercity
Kah Mistrunner: Thunder Bluff
To learn expert fishing you’ll need to head on over to Booty Bay and purchase Expert Fishing – The Bass and You from Old Man Heming
To learn artisan fishing you’ll need to find our old friend Nat Pagle out on the shore of Dustwallow Marsh and complete his quest. Nat will send you out to fish up the following in exchange for the artisan fishing training:
- Feralas Ahi
- Misty Reed Mahi Mahi
- Sar’theris Striker
- Savage Coast Blue Sailfin
Classic WoW Fishing 1-300
- 1-50: You’ll want to buy some shiny baubles to boost your fishing skill and fish in either the Durotar river for Horde or Elwynn Forest for Alliance
- 50-75: Fish off the pier in Ratchet in The Barrens. Prioritize the pools of wreckage whenever possible for crates full of trade goods to make some extra gold while skilling up.
- 75-100: Continue fishing off the Ratchet piers. If you’re Alliance you’ll want to continue fishing here until 125 skill, Horde can move on at 100 skill.
- 100-150 (Horde Only): At this point Horde players should head over to Revantusk Village in The Hinterlands. Here you can do the quest “Snapjaws Mon!” and get a nice fishing pole with +25 fishing skill, making the process a bit easier. From there grab some Aquadynamic Fish Attractors from your friendly fishing trainer or engineer and head to the Cape of Stranglethorn. Fish up Stonescale Eels to sell for a tidy profit.
- 125-150 (Alliance Only): Pick yourself up a Strong Fishing Pole for +5 fishing skill and then you can also head on over to the Cape of Stranglethorn to fish up Stonescale Eels like the Horde.
- 150-175 (Horde): Continue fishing up Stonescale Eels in the Cape of Stranglethorn
- 175-225 (Horde): Head on over to the Tanaris coast with your leftover Aquadynamic Fish Attractors and fish up more Stonescale Eels from the pools in this area. Switch over to using Bright Baubles at 200 skill.
- 150-200 (Alliance): Continue fishing up Stonescale Eels in the Cape of Stranglethorn
- 200-225 (Alliance): Head on over to Tanaris and fish Stonescale Eels off the coastline.
- 225-300: Continue fishing Stonescale Eels off the coast of Tanaris until your fishing skill is maxed out, you should make a nice bit of gold during this part.
Classic WoW Fishing Gear and Items
In Classic WoW there are a number of items that can increase your fishing skill. These can be crucial while leveling your fishing skill as it will allow you to fish in more profitable waters. The added skill is also needed to fish in certain high level spots that even 300 skill is not enough for.
It should be noted that fishing skill does not do any of the following:
- Allow you to fish faster
- Reduce the number of casts that do not result in a bite
- Increase your probability of catching higher quality fish
|Shiny Bauble||Fishing vendors||+25|
|Nightcrawlers||Fishing vendors, undead mobs||+50|
|Aquadynamic Fish Lens||Reward from Alliance only quest “Electropellers”||+50|
|Bright Baubles||Fishing vendors||+75|
|Flesh Eating Worm||Rotted Ones in Duskwood||+75|
|Aquadynamic Fish Attractor||Engineers, limited supply from fishing vendors||+100|
|Blump Family Fishing Pole||Reward from Alliance only quest Ma “The Family and the Fishing Pole”||+3|
|Strong Fishing Pole||Limited supply from fishing vendors||+5|
|Big Iron Fishing Pole||Shellfish Traps on ocean floor off the coast of Desolace||+20|
|Nat Pagle’s Extreme Angler FC-5000||Reward from Horde only quest “Snapjaws, Mon!”||+25|
|Arcanite Fishing Pole||Winning Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza||+35|
|Lucky Fishing Hat||+5|
|Nat Pagle’s Extreme Anglin’ Boots||Winning Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza||+5|
|High Test Eternium Fishing Line||Reward from turning in a rare Dezian Queenfish|
during the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza
|Enchant Gloves - Fishing||Enchanters||+2|
Most Valuable Fish in Classic WoW
Many fish in Classic WoW can be quite valuable. Whether it be a Deviate Fish for Savory Deviate Delights, Stonescale Eels for Stonescale Oil, or other fish related to high level consumables and crafts. Here’s a look at some of the most valuable fish in vanilla WoW.
|Firefin Snapper||Coastal areas in level 20+ zones. Arathi Highlands, Azshara, Wetlands.||5-10 Silver|
|Oily Blackmouth||Coastal areas in 10-40 zones. Azshara, Felwood, Feralas.||5-10 Silver|
|Stonescale Eel||Coastal Azshara, Tanaris, Hinterlands, Stranglethorn Vale.||50 Silver to 1 Gold|
|Deviate Fish||The Barrens||5-20 Silver|
|Lightning Eel||Inland 40+ zones. Eastern Plaguelands, Felwood, Feralas.||15-25 Silver|
|Plated Armorfish||Burning Steppes, Deadwind Pass, Winterspring.||15-25 Silver|
|Raw Glossy Mightfish||Coastal areas in 40+ zones. Azshara, Feralas, The Hinterlands.||Always Cook Instead|
|Winter Squid||Coastal areas in 40+ zones. Can only be caught in winter.||Always Cook Instead|
|Raw Summer Bass||Coastal areas in 40+ zones. Can only be caught in summer.||Always Cook Instead|
|Large Raw Mightfish||Azshara Bay of Storms.||Always Cook Instead|
|Raw Nightfin Snapper||Inland areas in 45+ zones. Felwood, The Hinterlands, Feralas.||Always Cook Instead|
|Raw Sunscale Salmon||Inland areas in 45+ zones. Felwood, Feralas, The Hinterlands.||Always Cook Instead|
|Raw Greater Sagefish||Greater Sagefish Schools in Alterac Mountains and Stranglethorn Vale inland waters.||Always Cook Instead|